Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring Moss Wreath

 Happy Monday Everyone.  I hope you all had a great weekend and this post finds you healthy and happy.  I will not be around very much this week, I have to get my taxes done. I really tried to get some of it done this weekend, but, the weather was so beautiful, I made a wreath instead.



I made this wreath for my back patio.



I stared with this flat wreath form that I got from Michael's.  The styrofoam wreath was more than double the price.  I didn't have a 40% off coupon, so, this is what I came home with - he he



Now, I looked at moss at Michael's and it was around 7.99 for a package of moss with three different colors in a bag.  Although the bag was a little bigger, it was still $7.99.  I went to The Dollar Tree and found these for only $1.00.  I bought four bags (which was still cheaper) and used only two.  I saved enough money on the moss to pay for the flat wreath form - ha ha.



I really liked the three colors.



I guess four colors, this is really spongy.





I sprayed the flat form with tacky spray and started to stick it on.  I also used a little tacky glue in places to make it thicker.



I got this awesome ribbon after Christmas for 90% off.  I only paid .69 cents -- YEAH :)





It has a natural look, like the wreath.



I found a nest and bird eggs in my spring supplies.





There you have it, and, the best part is that it cost under $10.00 to make.  I really like the natural look, but, I think it looks more like summer.  I bet it will be hanging around the back of the house for a while.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

XOXO



I am ready to party down HERE.


18 comments:

  1. I agree, I really like the natural look as well. It turned out so wonderful. And to think only $10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and affordable. Thanks so much for sharing, this is one craft I might actually be able to make ;)

    Karen
    Practical Frugality

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving the look of moss these days. The nest with the little eggs is such a sweet touch! Thanks so much for linking up at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the GFC blog hop. Now following via GFC, G+, & Networked Blogs. Thanks so much!

    http://www.happykidsincblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you on the Pinterest Power Party, and am now following your blog via GFC :) I need to make a wreath for our front porch. This is going on our list of possibilities. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and outdoorsy. I love it!

    I would like to invite you to link up to my party, Manic Monday. http://cupcake-n-bake.blogspot.com/2013/03/manic-monday-7.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable! I cant believe its time for Spring already!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower, found you through the link up! Can't wait to catch up on your post!

    Zoe @ www.turquoisebohemian.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the wreath Rhonda!!!

    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed. That's a good looking wreath.


    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great wreath for a frugal amount! Looks great. Thanks for linking up at Romance n a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so super cute but as nicely as you demonstrated each step...it is so far beyond what I am capable of! Following along in the hopes I'll become more crafty!

    www.highheeledmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful. I love that little egg nest! Thank you for sharing this in our Crafty Showcase! We love that you share with us. Your projects are inspiring!

    Susie @Bowdabra / SusieQTpies Cafe

    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/03/16/crafty-showcase-link-up-anything-fun-in-the-craft-project-linky-5/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the little eggs in the basket too :) Thanks for linking up this post to The Best Blog Recipe’s Weekend re-Treat #7!

    Wanted to stop by and pin your image to My Link Parties Craft/DIY & Recipe Boards while I was here.

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/
    http://ready2loseweight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done. Thank you for linking it up with us. A new party opens again later today. I hope to see you there again. Stay in touch! ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.