Tuesday, February 19, 2013

President's Day Treasures

Happy Monday Tuesday everyone.  I hope you all had a great Monday.  I run a small daycare and have mostly teacher's kids, so, I was off too -- Yeah.  I got a little housework done, my ribbon sorted and taken care of, and, I got to go treasure hunting.  I haven't been to any thrift stores or garage sales in a long time.  We are so busy on the weekends, I just don't go anymore.  I had a great time.  I got coffee, a scone, and hit the stores.  Since it was a three day holiday, the stores had been hit hard and picked over.  However, I did get away with these beauties:




These frames are so pretty.  They don't need anything done to them.  I think the girls will love them.  Please don't pay any mind to my reflection in the glass (here's looking at you kid) - ha ha



I love the jewels.  



I don't have egg cups, and, with Easter right around the corner, I just couldn't pass these by.



What a wonderful jumbled mess.



Six candle holders in there and for only $2.00 (my heart went pitter patter).  I have great plans for these.



This is cool and small.  I was thinking shadow box?!  It is just a small tray.



Maybe, for my perfume.



Now, I did have to stop by The Dollar Store.  I got this cute little white dish.



Just perfect for my glasses.  I have readers that I loose all the time, this will help tame them down a little.  I love the shape.



What??  The cutest little birdie salt and pepper shakers for only a dollar?!!



My heart is singing.  Can you hear it?????

What did you do President's Day?

XOXo


5 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda! I had to work, but I do get to stop by a thrift store about twice a week, when I pick up my grandbaby, just to see what's been marked down. LOVE the tray - those little birds look pretty perched there ;-)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finds! I want to go shopping with you. The frames are adorable and I LOVE the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white milk glass and anything white!! Awesome finds...wish I could have them!!! lol

    Kate @ Uniquely Undone
    (new follower!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your link at Sew-licious thrift store party. Boy, did you get some really great stuff!! Love the Dollar store finds also, super cute S&P shakers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.