Monday, February 6, 2012

Tote for my Current Projects

This is what I came up with for my current projects.  I hope this will help me to just keep a handle on what supplies I need for the task at hand.






This weekend, I gathered up my craft stuff that I have been using for the past couple of months (I have them stashed in my laundry room and garage - YIKES).  What a mess.  I have been crafting out of clear totes, a popcorn bucket and even brown grocery bags.  It is driving me crazy, because, I can't find anything I need when I need it.  I keep thinking, I know I saw that somewhere -----


I think this organizing project will take some time.  I don't have a craft room or even a craft closet.  I use a couple of shelves in the laundry room and that's it.  So please, if you have a great craft set up that I can get some ideas from, please let me know in the comment section so I can grab a cup of coffee and head on over to check it out.  Please, Please,  Please....


I am trying to sort by, paint, fabric, ribbon, Christmas, Halloween, etc.........
See here I go again, I get side tracked and forget what this post is really about - ha ha.



While I was out in the garage, I came across this beauty.  At first, I wanted to just paint it cute and put magazines in it.  How Boring......



I did paint it and distress it a little then........




I got this great idea.  I could put all my supplies for my current project in here and take it from room to room and be able to craft when I get a spare minute or two.  I just cut cute paper to fit the front and mod podged everything.



I have a thing for burlap -- and you all know I love my rosettes, so I added some to the front.



I even tied ribbon on the handle to make it more festive.



Now, the back has me most excited.




I stamped lines on a piece of card stock and slipped it into a page protector.




I cut it to fit and glued it shut.  I then glued it onto my mod podged back.



Now, I can write the contents on the back, or, make notes of what supplies I need to get with a dry erase.  I can change the list whenever I change projects.



I am now working on my Valentine Cards.  




I even put a few stamps in there.  I am so excited about this.  I think it will help in clutter control and I can pack up quickly and set up just as fast.  Thank you for stopping by and as always,

Happy Crafting and Organizing.

Rhonda






14 comments:

  1. Nice job in creating something with what you have. Love the dry erase list on the back!!

    I know what you mean about having craft supplies in different places. I'm that way too. My wrapping stuff is organized, but I still have to organize my craft supplies.

    Thanks for linking up to the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with that vintage magazine holder. That's a great idea! I should do something like that for my craft tote. I use a shoe box, but just seem to end up with stuff scattered all over the house and have to take a Saturday afternoon every so often to move it all back to where it goes. I did a blog post last summer on how I organized my beads. Your supplies are bigger, but the same concept would work for paints and such. Maybe use fewer cardboard dividers in the tub than I used for the beads.. Anyway, here's the link if you wanted to look at what I did: http://showmecrafting.blogspot.com/2011/08/organizing-beads.html Thanks for sharing your tote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a great idea I need to keep my eyes out for a magazine rack now I would love you to add this and any other posts you want to show off to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. My "bins" are all over the house, upstairs and down with the "current project" stuff in every room and some on the floor, too. You made a very functional container - beautiful, too. Love it, Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Mine is usually in a reusable grocery bag
    :0)

    Thanks so much for taking part in our Pin'Inspiration Party. Hope that you are having as much fun exploring as I am and that you'll take part in helping the "Beat the Winter Blues" on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I never would have ever thought to use a magazine rack this way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to organize! I really need that in my life right now :) Thanks so much for linking up to Kiss & Tell over at I Gotta Create!

    By the way, you have word verification on. Sometimes folks don't realize that. I have a tip for how to turn it off and increase blog interaction here: http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2011/12/bloggy-tips-101.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is, perhaps, my most slow-pokey week yet. My apologies for taking so long to get over here from “A Little Birdie Told Me..” to enjoy your post. It’s important to me to visit and really give my full attention to all the links, but as the party grows it’s taking more and more time. Thank you so much for bearing with me, and for continuing to share your talent at Rook No. 17!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://messyroost.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-cards.html?showComment=1632282792545#c8560760280000184808

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.