Sunday, December 18, 2011

Almost Cookie Time at the Roost

I only work Monday and Tuesday this week, so, I will probably start baking my cookies on Thursday.  I don't like to make them too far in advance because, I have a thing about fresh goodies.  I save cans like Pringles and even my baby formula cans all year to make these.   Most of the time, I just wrap them with wrapping paper and a big bow on top.  For my neighbor and a friend at church, I like to put a little more effort into it and make it special.  Below you will find the one I just wrapped with Christmas paper and the two I decorated for my two special friends.


This is what I started with.



I also had a few embellishments for my little snowman card -- he is so cute.



I used scrapbook paper, a large snowflake punch, and some of my daycare kids glitter (shh, don't tell them - ha ha).



Here is my snowman card.  Three buttons in different sizes, black felt, a little ribbon, and glitter.  I love how he turned out.  I am going to make a couple more for my family gift baskets.



This one is just some Christmas paper cut into triangle trees with buttons and a rhinestone for the topper.



For interest, I used burlap for the trunks.  These tall cans are great for stacking cookies.



I keep scraps of gift wrapping paper from the previous year to do these quick cans.




Here is a felt poinsettia that I got of of Centsational Girls blog (she is amazing by the way).  I was thinking of putting it on top.



I have to be honest.  I don't have any bows!!  All of my bows from last year got a lot little smashed.  I did put bows on one of my many lists.  I ended up gluing some rosettes on the top (I think I like the bow better).  These are really inexpensive and you can have the kids help wrap them with gift wrap.  The little short formula can is great for popcorn and chex mix things.



7 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I'm over visiting from the Marvelously Messy link party.
    ~Kara (already a google follower :)
    www.petalstopicots.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so awesome!! Nice job!! Love the DIY touch!

    I'd love it if you shared this on the Take it on Tuesday blog hop! http://romanceonadime.com/take-it-on-tuesday/take-it-on-tuesday-blog-hop-diy-advent-calendar-boxes/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! I love the idea.
    www.mychristian-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up!!! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness!! so cute!!!

    wish I would have held onto that pringles can now though! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! They look so nice plus you are recycling. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.