Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Things - Entry Way Shelf (Bird Houses)

I have seen the Ballard inspired shelves all over.  This one isn't really a Ballard looking shelf, but, it is my cure for not having a fire place mantel, and, I just had to have one - ha ha.



This is another dollar arrangement.



I got the bird houses at Michael's for my daycare kids.  I only paid $1.00 for them.  They were so cute, I got myself a couple too.



I painted the roof only, and two different shades of green.



The candlesticks, I painted white.





I got the cute little bird in a nest and bowl from the .99 cent only store.




I put the bird houses on the candlesticks, and inverted the bowl to make a resting place for my nest.





I painted an old picture frame white.  I used scrapbook paper to mat a free printable subway art.  I don't remember what blog I got it from (I'm sorry).  I got the little bird from the .99 cent only store too.  This is my most favorite pitcher with my Dollar Store flowers.  Oh, I made the bow for my daughter's hair (it has a hair clip on the back).  I guess I will give it back after summer - ha ha.




Just a couple of weeks ago, Tator Tots and Jello had this subway art for back to school.  I liked it and replaced my summer one.  The bird cage, I rescued from outside and repainted it white.





There you have it.  I think the center urn is too big, but, other than that, I liked it.  I will leave it up just a while longer.  I am getting very excited about the Holidays.  Oh, I have a plan for above my shelf now.  Yeah..

Thanks for stopping by. 
Rhonda


Linked to:



6 comments:

  1. Very cute bird houses and I love the way you designed your shelf. It's looking good......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thrifty decor like this. It looks beautiful and definitely more expensive. I would love it if you would enter this post into my brand new Saturday link party at http://rustic-crafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!Cute ideas-can't beat those dollar stores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful decor. I love the little bird in the nest. And placing it on its own little pedestal! what a great idea. Why don't i think of things like that? If you get a chance I would love you to link your decor up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute decor! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I just added this to my pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.