Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Easy Apricot Chicken and Rice

This recipe is so easy, fast and good.  It has very few ingredients.....


First your cut your chicken into chunks.  My kids like boneless skinless thighs.  I also think is holds up to simmering in the sauce better than a breast.



Brown the chicken.  I season it with salt and pepper.  I use a family pack and cook it in two batches.



After browned, you add a 11 oz. can of crushed pineapple (I only had chunks, so I used my mini processor and crushed it myself), 1/4 cup of apricot jam (I eyeball it, it is up to you and your taste), and a couple heaping T. of hoisin sauce (again, to your taste)
.


Simmer for about 5 min.



I steamed asparagus, made minute rice and a quick salad dressed with a bottled of Asian salad dressing (Paul Newman Low Fat Sesame Ginger).



Sprinkle it with chopped green onion and call it good.  This whole meal only took me 20 minutes  from start to finish.  Faster than picking up take-out.

Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day, thanks.