Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rosette Necklace

I love the Tatertots and Jello blog.  I always see a craft I want to try.  This is my version of Jen's take on a Anthropology necklace.


This is what it looks like with my blue tank.  I love to wear this with a pair of Levi Capri's.



You first cut a bib out of a piece of felt.  I only had white.  Then I made a bunch of denim rosettes.  I used an old pair of jeans.  They were too worn out for even goodwill.   I thought the denim would look great with jeans and a white tee-shirt.  


Of course, I changed my mind and made white ones out of a white Flour Sack Dish Towel from the Dollar Store.  I got so involved, I forgot to take pictures.  After your rosettes are made, arrange them on the bib and hot glue into place.  I did use one denim rosette.   Finish with gluing pretty ribbon on both sides and tie in the back.


This was easy and fun to make.  Go on over to Jen's blog and see all of her creations.  You will get hooked too.

Here is a link to Jen's blog. tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com  The tutorial is under jewelry/Make a Beachy Rosette Button Necklace.  I will be making the denim one and the Flirty Summer Necklace soon.

4 comments:

  1. i bookmarked this for my 15 year old, she was wantng to make some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Rhonda! The white with the denim works so well. I love the little embellishment on the denim one too. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! Nice job!! I want to make one as well sometime. ;)

    Thanks for linking up at Romance on a Dime. I hope you come back next Tuesday. I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.